- This event has passed.
“Know Waste to No Waste.”
February 28, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
“Know Waste to No Waste.” a Transition ABQ workshop
Nature doesn’t really have “waste” as we know it. One creature’s waste is another species’ food, such as fertilizer for plants. As humans, we’ve developed this concept of throwing things “away” but there is no “away”. We only have one planet!
So how can we reduce our personal and household waste as close to zero as possible? How can we encourage our communities and stores to reduce as well? Join us for this workshop to learn & exchange.
Before you come, here’s some homework:
- Watch The Story of Stuff (22 minutes), if you haven’t already.
- Try to weigh your garbage and recycling for a few weeks, and bring your data.
For the next 5 months, we’ll be going through the topics one-by-one from the Transition Streets workbook for personal & household impact. We’re starting with Waste. Next month is Transportation.
What to bring*: (*If you can. No one will be turned away)
- A dish to share for the potluck
- Your ABQ CO2 Pledge, or your New Years Resolution(s)
- A few dollars to help keep Transition ABQ running
We hope to see you there!